Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is an easy recipe, great for a kid's party. I tied ribbons around the sticks and put each one in a plastic bag for my daughter's birthday. They were really cute and the kids liked them. You can also substitute sprinkles for the chocolate drizzle if desired. Just be sure to apply them when the white chocolate is still wet.
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) packagedouble-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 32 wooden popsicle sticks
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz) (optional)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth.
- Twist apart cookies.
- Dip the end of each popsicle stick into melted chips; place on a cookie half and top with another half.
- Place cookies on a waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Reheat vanilla chip mixture again if necessary; dip frozen cookies into mixture until completely covered.
- Return to the baking sheet.
- If using sprinkles, put on cookies immediately while still wet.
- Freeze 30 minutes longer.
- If using the semi-sweet chocolate, melt the chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies after they are dry.
- Store in an airtight container.