Recipe by huskerlayd
This is a fun one for pot lucks and picnics. Was always a kid favorite growing up.
- 6 ounces lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 1⁄2 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add cold water and peppermint.
- Chill for 1 ½ hours until slightly thickened.
- Measure 1 ¾ cup gelatin and pour into a 9x5 loaf pan. Chill about 5 minute.
- Blend cool whip into remaining gelatin. Carefully spoon 1/3 of the creamy mixture into the pan. Sprinkle w/ 1/3 of the cookie crumbs.
- Repeat twice.
- Chill until firm.