1/9 Photos of Cookie Jar Peanut Butter Cookies
My favorite peanut butter cookies! Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside--just the way I like them. From Sheila Lukins USA Cookbook, a great book!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- 3Cream the butter, shortening, and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then mix in the peanut butter.
- 5Add the flour mixture by the cupful and beat at low speed to mix well.
- 6Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets (I line the sheets with parchment paper) about 2 inches apart.
- 7Press each cookie twice in each direction with a lightly floured fork to make a crosshatch design.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes.
- 9***Do not overbake--they will still be a bit pale, but if you overbake, they won't be chewy on the inside.
- 10***Use a spatula to transfer to a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookie Jar Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 72.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g