This recipe is great for a kid's party.
Make and share this Cookie Ice Cream Sundae Cups recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly grease 18 muffin pan cups.
- Shape cookie dough into 18 balls.
- Press the cookie dough onto bottoms and spread to the sides of the muffin pan cups.
- Placw in preheated oven of 350 degrees.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack.
- After cookie cups have cooled completely,top with about 1/3 cup of ice cream.
- Drizzle with ice cream topping.
- Add a dollop of whip cream and then sprinkles, finally top with a cherry.
- Watch the kids faces light up.
Thanks for the fun idea for the cookie cups. I turned the muffin pans over, and shaped the dough over the bottoms of the greased muffin pan rather than pressing the dough on the inside.<br/>I made the ice cream sundaes the first time I made them, the next time I filled them with chocolate pudding & whipped cream. The grandkids thought they were a great treat.
My eldest son (11) is down with a cold today so he decided that he needed to bake something to feel better. (That's my boy!) So he picked out this recipe. We are all glad he did. They were really easy for him to do mostly on his own. We were worried that there wasn't enough dough for all 18 cups but decided to go ahead with it anyways. It was the perfect amount. We did ours for 14 minutes and they were just right. After taking them out, we did tamp down the centers but could have easily not done that. We filled ours with Smartie ice cream and topped with sprinkles and anything else the boys could get their hands on. My eldest wanted to post a picture so he styled his up and took the pictures. He was quite proud of his creations. This is a great recipe for the budding cooks! Thank you for posting!
I used this for my daughter's birthday party this year. It worked out really well. When I checked on the cookie cups 1/2 way through baking, I found that they had "melted" in the muffin tin and were turning into cookie muffins. I used a glass that was the right size and tamped down the cookies back to form a cup. I tamped again when I took them out of the oven.