Pretty! Pretty easy, that is, with different flavors of ice cream stacked between Pillsbury cookies.
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup candy sprinkles
- 2 1⁄4 cups any flavor ice cream, slightly softened
- Heat oven to 350°F Shape cookie dough into 18 balls; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Cut nine 12x9-inch sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Place chocolate chips in small shallow bowl.
- For each sandwich, spoon about 1/4 cup ice cream onto bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; press together gently. Roll outer edge of ice cream in chocolate chips. Quickly wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. For longer storage, place wrapped sandwiches in resealable freezer plastic bag. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This was a great recipe! We had these for the 4th of July. It was really hot here that day and they kept us cool.