Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Cookie-Fruit Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups fresh fruit, such as thinly sliced and pitted nectarines, peaches, and or plums or blueberries
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.5 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional) or 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted (optional)
- powdered sugar icing or honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl combine fruit, flour, brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Toss to coat; transfer to a 10-inch oven-safe skillet, or 7x11 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine dough and graham cracker crumbs in medium bowl; knead until well combined. Divide dough in 9 portions. With hands, on a lightly floured surface, flatten each portion to 2-1/2-inch round. Arrange rounds on fruit mixture; sprinkle with nuts.
- If using foil pan, place on baking sheet. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is bubbly around edges and top is golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 45 minutes. Before serving, drizzle with Powdered Sugar Icing or honey; serve warm.
- Powdered Sugar Icing: In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 teaspoon milk . Stir in additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until icing is drizzling consistency.
The recipe seems thorough, but where do you get the refrigerated sugar cookie dough??