Recipe by Pineapple
This recipe is from the Lowes Foods site and sounds interesting but yummy!
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Very good, and so easy to throw together! I had one of the giant rolls of cookie dough (not sure of the ounces), so rather than leave a chunk of unused cookie dough lying around, I just increased the whole recipe by half (my glass baking dish is longer than a 13 x 9 pan anyhow, so it wasn't a problem). The topping layer ended up pretty thick, nearly equal to the fruit layer, but I didn't hear anyone complaining when they tried it lol. I bet this would be really good with other cookie dough flavors, too (sugar cookie?). Just a warning, though: if you increase the recipe as I did, be sure to put something under your baking dish so you don't end up with burned cherry goo on the bottom of your oven. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 07
- 1 (18 ounce) packagenestle toll house refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 (21 ounce) containers cherry pie filling
- 1 cup quick oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- SPOON pie filling into pan.
- CRUMBLE cookie dough into medium bowl. Add oats; mix well. Sprinkle over filling.
- BAKE for 24 to 28 minutes or until top is deep golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.