Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm posting this recipe in response to a request. It would be great for decorating holiday cookies! Thank you "Family Fun" magazine!
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon milk
- liquid food coloring (optional)
- In large bowl, using electric mixer at low speed, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Beat until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
- Add more sugar or a little milk, if needed.
- Color frosting with liquid coloring (s) of your choice.
- Store any leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.
Very good. I used this recipe to decorate heart shaped Rice Krispie treats for Valentines day. Used as much milk as I needed for the right consistency. : )
This frosting is delicious! I did have to add quite a bit more milk than what the recipe called for. I added a little at a time until I had the right consistency. We used it for cut out sugar cookies for my sons Christmas party. I will definitely use this one again.
This frosting was delicious...but I had problems getting it to the consistency that I wanted. I added a little merengue powder to get some firmness.