Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy version of the one in the shops.
- 2 ounces unsweetend chocolate
- 1 3⁄4 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 quarts chocolate ice cream or 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and half of the chocolate chips.
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and water and beat until smooth.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Add flour, and all the remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop dough into softened ice cream and partially blend to combine.
- Return to the freezer before serving.
With the summer moths fast approaching. I have been going crazy trying out different ice cream recipes. When I found this recipe, I HAD to make it because I "melt"(pardon the pun)..lol..for cookie dough ice cream. This recipe certainly satisfied my cookie dough craving. It was sooo good. The chunks of dough were divinely soft and everything was perfect. Loved the addition of the white chocolate. This is going to be made ALOT this summer. Thanks for a keeper.