Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
"My Grandmother makes a chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake every time my brother comes home. It inspired me to put together two of my favorite things - cheesecake and ice cream. This recipe is the delicious result!
- 3⁄4-1 cup refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 26 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Pinch off small pieces of cookie dough; place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and freeze.
- Meanwhile, for crust, in a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 11-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Break into small pieces and set aside.
- For ice cream, in a small saucepan, heat half and half to 175, stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water, stir for 2 minutes. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine the cream, vanilla and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Stir in half and half mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. In a large bowl, layer a third of the ice cream, cookie dough pieces and crust mixture; repeat layers twice. Swirl ice cream. Freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
This is amazing ice cream! I had seen this in TOH and had to try it. Thank you for posting the recipe! I used only 8 oz of low fat cream cheese and skipped the crust part this time. I also made my own cookie dough with Egg Beaters so it wouldn't be unsafe.