Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Don't knock it until you try it! This sweet and tasty dip is wonderful change to the usual hummus. Serve it with apple and pear slices for a super healthy snack. It's packed with wonderfully healthy ingredients and makes for an awesome protein and fiber packed afternoon snack!! Go ahead, try it! (I found this interesting recipe on All Recipes.com, thank you Serafina ! I had to share with RZ.)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon Agave
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, seed**
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- - Pour the hot water over the raisins and cinnamon. Let stand for 10 minutes, then strain, and set aside raisins.
- - In a food processor, process until smooth the applesauce, peanut butter, vanilla extract, honey, canola oil, and ground flax seed.
- - With the motor running, slowly add the garbanzo beans, drained raisins, instant oatmeal, and coconut. Process until the mixture is smooth or to your desired consistency*.
- - Chill in the refrigerator for at east 2-3 hours, over night is best.
- *if you want the consistency a bit smoother, consider adding some of the water from the soaked raising.
- ** As a good substitution, i use "Naturally More Peanut Butter" it's a natural PB made with flax seeds- if you use this, omit the flax completely.