Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Shliach that I know hated to eat his Gifilte fish when he was a kid. In effort appease her son, his mom decided to wrap the loaf with pastry puff and call it "cookie dough." It worked and his wife now makes it nearly every Shabbos! I got this simple recipe from them and we now have it all the time at our house!
- 1 loaf gefilte fish
- 1 pastry dough, puff sheet
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Allow the pastry puff to thaw out until it is pliable enough to open without breaking. Do not thaw the gefilte fish!
- Place the Gefilte loaf on the pastry puff sheet so that the ends of the loaf are pointing toward the corners. Wrap the loaf and use a little bit of warm water to secure the ends of the pastry puff sheet together.
- Place on a oil sprayed tray and put it in the oven for about an hour. Do not cover. Enjoy!