Recipe by pott3r
Can't decide between cookies or cake? Have both! I discovered this recipe on a blog (cupcakeproject.com) and made a few adjustments to the directions as the original was a little difficult to follow. These cupcakes are absolutely delicious and complete with a raw cookie dough surprise on the inside! Topped with some cookie dough icing and this makes for a fantastic treat for any occasion! (This recipe looks overwhelming, I admit, but it's pretty easy and well worth the effort!) NOTE: If you use any flour other than self-rising cake flour as the recipe calls for, it will cut the number of cupcakes in half!!)
- cupcake batter
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising cake flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cookie dough batter (Eggless)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- cookie dough frosting
- 1 cup eggless cookie dough batter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together butter, flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder and milk until smooth and well-mixed.
- Fill 12 cupcake liners approximately 3/4 of the way up. If using anything other than self-rising cake flour, fill only 6 cupcake liners to the very top.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes.
- While cupcakes are in the oven, combine flour, salt, butter, sugar, vanilla and milk in a large bowl.
- Mix well until all the flour has disappeared. Set aside one cup of the batter for the icing.
- Add in chocolate chips to the remaining batter and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together one cup of cookie dough batter with 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Mix well until consistency is that of icing.
- When cupcakes are cooled, use a paring knife to cut a hole in the top.
- Frost cupcakes with cookie-dough icing.
- Roll cookie dough into little balls and plop them in the centre of the cupcakes.
- Serve and enjoy!