Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is an altered recipe from Taste of Home magazine. I used store bought cookie doughfrom the refrigerator section to speed things up a bit. Very good.
- 414.03 ml chocolate wafer crumbs
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1 package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (refrigerator section)
- mini chocolate chip
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar, stir in butter.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a greased 9" springform pan, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, beat until combined.
- Add sour crem and vanilla, beat until well blended.
- Pour over crust, set aside.
- Cut up cookie dough into teaspoon sized cubes.
- Drop over filling, pushing below the surface.
- Dough should be completely covered.
- Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen.
- Cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight, remove sides of pan.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
I made this for a party, and it was a huge hit! It was absolutely delicious. My friends were delighted that two of their favorite flavors, cheesecake and cookie dough, were together in one dessert! I actually forgot to put the mini chocolate chips on top, but I don't think anyone minded. It disappeared quickly and I received many compliments and requests for the recipe. And I thought it was relatively easy to make, since it uses store-bought cookie dough. Thanks, Erin, for sharing this recipe. :-)
Everyone loved this cheesecake! I made it as directed without any changes (although I did put a pan of water in the oven below the cheesecake). I will make it again and it will probably be soon. I was thinking that the next time I make it, I'll pour some of the batter in, drop some cookie dough pieces and then repeat the process. I thought that this would make for a more even placement of the cookie dough if I could see where the pieces would be ending up. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
this was very good...hit the sweet tooth just right :-) i think i still prefer my cheesecake without that sour cream aspect...but, it's all preference