Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Taste of Home; very rich
Top Review by Sunflower
I made these for my daughter's sleep-over. Wow!! These were so incredible. Very rich and intensly chocolate. The cookie dough layer just sends it over the top. My daughter and her friends all loved them. Like the shampoo commercial says--a totally organic experience, if you get my drift.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Add oil, eggs, and vanilla; beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts, if desired.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until brownies test done.
- Cool completely.
- For filling, cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Beat in flour.
- Spread over the brownies; chill until firm.
- For glaze, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a saucepan, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over filling.
- Immediately sprinkle with nuts, pressing down slightly.