A response to a recipe request on the boards, these are chocolate galore! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 3In large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil, and egg; beat 50 strokes by hand.
- 4Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- 5Spread in greased pan.
- 6Bake at 350ºF for 33 to 35 minutes.
- 7DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- 8Cool completely.
- 9In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup margarine or butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- 10Add milk and vanilla; blend well.
- 11Add flour; mix well.
- 12Spread over cooled brownies.
- 13In small microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is just melted; stir until smooth.
- 14**Carefully spoon glaze over filling; spread to cover.
- 15Sprinkle with walnuts, pressing down slightly.
- 16Cut into bars.
- 17Store in refrigerator.
- 18Chocolate chips and shortening can be melted in small saucepan over low heat or in top of double boiler; stir until smooth.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookie Dough Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1674 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 83.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g