Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A response to a recipe request on the boards, these are chocolate galore! :)
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3⁄4-1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil, and egg; beat 50 strokes by hand.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 33 to 35 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup margarine or butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla; blend well.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is just melted; stir until smooth.
- **Carefully spoon glaze over filling; spread to cover.
- Sprinkle with walnuts, pressing down slightly.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Chocolate chips and shortening can be melted in small saucepan over low heat or in top of double boiler; stir until smooth.