Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich and gooey brownies layered with cookie dough and chocolate on top! Betcha can't eat just one! This is by far the most requested recipe in my house.
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- For brownies, melt shortening and chocolate.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Blend in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes in a 9x13 pan (grease bottom of pan).
- Cool completely.
- For the cookie dough, cream the butter and sugars till fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients, blending well.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Microwave just until the chocolate is melted (about 1 min.), stir till smooth.
- Spoon glaze over cookie dough and spread carefully to cover.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired (I don't).
- Store in the refrigerator.
Absolutely amazing! It is like a giant bar of sweet goodness! These are so addicting!!
These are DELICIOUS! Have made them several times now and I have people requesting me to bring them to every gathering. Have both melted the chocolate and spread it, and also when I was short on time just mixed the chocolate chips in to the dough. Fantastic!
How dare you post a recipe for something that made me gain 20 pounds just looking at it! These bars are amazing! These are the definition of decadent and even with the three steps they are very simple to make. They are also very versatile. I added mini chips to the cookie dough and I think next time I'll try toffee chips..peanut butter or butterscotch chips sound good too. One note: don't try these for the first time before they are very cold because we were disappointed until we tasted them the next day and got the full effect. Cut them in small pieces and store them in the freezer (hide them way in the back) and you might not eat them all the first day. Thanks for the great treat!