Recipe by Marie
This is such a great idea - to make fudge and place it in cookie cutters. Remove the cutters and decorate as desired.
Top Review by jilkat25
These make great little gifts for friends, teachers, etc.. Pick out cute, open, straight-sided cookie cutters for your holiday. 3-4" is a good size. Make the fudge (any solid kind) You can also do layers of different kinds (chill each before adding the next) Fill the cutters and chill to set. You can decorate them either before or after chilling, depending on what you are using: non-pareils, nuts, red-hots, choc chips... and royal icing (the kind that hardens. Use it to attach decorations to hardened fudge.) Put finished cutters in small plastic gift bags that you can get in the cake decor section of Michael's or similar craft store. Tie with a pretty ribbon. I saw some fudge-filled cookie cutters for sale at the Honey-Baked Ham store for $6.99 and $7.99 each! A cute one was a squirrel holding an almond! You can use a hair dryer set on warm/low to help the fudge loosen from the cutter so you can get it out in one piece.
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- decorator icing (optional) or decorative candies (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place six 3x1/2" cookie cutters in simple shape, on 5-inch squares of foil.
- Seal foil around outside of cutters.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Spray cutters with cooking spray.
- In glass bowl, mix chips, milk and butter.
- Microwave uncovered on high 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips are almost melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into cookie-cutter molds, filling to tops.
- Refrigerate uncovered 2 hours or until firm.
- Decorate as desired.
- Carefully remove foil. Gently press fudge out of molds.
- Recipe note: Run a thin knife around the cutters before attempting to push out fudge from the bottom.
- You can use an 8-inch square pan instead.
- Line with foil and pour the fudge into pan.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Cut into squares.