Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here is a great lightened rhubarb bar with a yummy cookie crust. It goes together quickly and doesn't last long at my house!
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 11x7 baking pan.
- Combine flours and powdered sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coase crumbs (mixture will seem powdery, but will come together while baking).
- Press mixture to bottom on baking pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently combine sugars, flour, egg whites and vanilla. Stir in rhubarb.
- Pour mixture over warm crust and bake for 35-40 minutes until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack, can be served warm.
- Store in refrigerator.
This is one of the best rhubarb pies I've tried, it has just the right mix of sweetness and tartness, and it's so easy to make. Everyone I've served it to has loved it. It's important to have the right proportion between eggwhites and rhubarb, though, to achieve this, so always measure your rhubarb!
I thought these would be great, but they are onlu okay. I would add more butter to the crust, maybe two Tbsp. I like a good crust in recipes like this. That can make all the difference in the world!
OMGosh...These are fantastic! I actually hesitated making these because I thought they sounded a little on the boring side. Boy was I wrong. They are amazing. Absolutely perfect. Cannot wait for my hubby to get home so that he can try them too. ;) I am sure they will be gone in no time. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!