Recipe by Amanda O
I like this recipe because of the butterscotch and the pecans. It tastes awesome with vanilla ice cream. :o)
- 1 (20 ounce) packagerefrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves or 1 1⁄2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 cup whipped cream (optional) or 1 pint ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice cookie dough into 1/4-inch slices.
- Press slices in bottom and 1 inch up sides of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust (press dough as thin as possible on sides).
- In medium bowl, combine pudding mix, salt, corn syrup, milk, vanilla and egg; blend well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25 to 35 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and filling is set.
- Cool completely and then cut into squares.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.