Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
A wickedly scrummy easy dessert. Get the kids to help you make it and serve it as a treat for the whole family. Time does not include chilling.
For the base
- 8 ounces Oreo cookies
- 5 ounces butter, melted
For the filling
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 6 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
For the decoration
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces peanut brittle, broken
- Line the base of a 10in springform release cake tin with plastic wrap. Crush the oreo cookies to a fine crumb, either in a food processor or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and then press into the lined tin and put in the fridge to set.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft and stir in the peanut butter.
- Carefully fold in the cookies so the pieces don't break up too much.
- Spoon the mixture over the base and smooth the top with a palette knife. Chill for 30 minutes then turn out onto a serving plate.
- Whip the heavy cream and place small spoonfuls around the edge of the cheesecake. Top the cream with bits of peanut brittle.