Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
recipe by Mitch Omer, owner, Hell's Kitchen
Make and share this Cookie Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the butter and sugar to large bowl and, with the electric beaters, blend the two.
- Blend in salt and vanilla and then slowly blend in the flour.
- Blend in the nuts and chocolate.
- Press dough into rimmed baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place sheet on center rack of oven and bake 15-20 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- You may turn tray halfway through.
- Remove sheet and let cool to room temperature.
- At this point brittle can be broken into chunks.
This was so easy to make. I used regular chocolate chips and lefted out the pecans because the guys won't eat them. I tried a small bite and am saving the rest for Easter. Thanks MaMere for a really yummy recipe.