Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sort of like oatmeal cookies, the peanut butter, chocolate, and toffee bits make this a delicious treat! A variation of a recipe from the Robin Hood Quick & Easy Baking Recipes 2002.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda an salt.
- Melt butter and peanut butter in microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Beat sugars, egg, vanilla, peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Gradually mix in flour and oat mixture until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Press into 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool, and cut into bars.
Mmmmm good. Love the peanut butter background in these. I might suggest using quick oats in his recipe as the old fashioned oats that I used made for some pretty firm bits. I like them as they are but DH likes everything softer. I have been wishing that I had a cup of mocha to go along with these yummies. They are simple to make and I had them ready for the oven in no time but I'll check them at 15 mins next time, I made a half recipe and I think that the 20 mins was a bit too long for the 8x8 pan.