Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is not the usual cookies and cream but a quick, easy, lighter version of a shortcake type dessert that you can vary which fruit you use or even which type of cookie you use. I usually have frozen, baked cookies in the freezer and can pull them out, thaw and make this dessert in minutes!
- 0.5 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, sliced into 8-1/4 inch slices (or vary it and use chocolate chip or oatmeal cookie dough)
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind
- 3 cups fresh berries (or frozen, such as strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, thawed and drained)
- sifted cocoa powder
- Bake cookies according to package directions and cool.
- Meawhile, combine cool whip and sour cream.
- Stir in the orange peel.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- To assemble, place a cookie on each of 4 dessert plates.
- Top each cookie with about 1/8th of the berries and 1/8 of the sour cream mixture.
- Top with another cookie and the remaining berries and sour cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder and serve immediately.
This dessert was so incredibly easy and delivered a wonderful combination of flavors. The subtle lemon flavor complimented the raspberries perfectly. DH and I enjoyed it. My children don't really like sour cream, so they just had cool whip on theirs. I love that this comes together so quickly and tastes so good. This will be perfect when I need a quick dessert to serve. Thanks so much for sharing it!