Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from Secrets From a Caterer's Kitchen by Nicole Aloni.
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients well.
- Cook vegetables as desired and arrange on the plate.
- Squeeze on lemon juice, then sprinkle with herb mixture, to taste.
This is a really good herb mixtures. I first used this on roasted carrots and parsnips, and then I used it on boiled broccoli. It's very versatile, and goes wel with everything.
It's okay - once I use up the mix I have now I might try it again with less sage - perhaps a personal taste thiing
I love this spice mix! I had it on green beans. As with a previous reviewer, I omitted the lemon juice. Next time I'll try it with lemon juice but it really didn't need it.