Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Slightly tangy, mustard dressing. Nice on spinach salad.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard or 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (or to taste)
- 1 egg, beaten until light
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a saucepan, mix together all ingredients except for oil and heat to boiling over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring well.
- Whisk in oil gradually, whisking until smooth.
- Allow to cool, and when cool, pour over tossed salad.
This really was a superb dressing! I used cider vinegar and Dijon mustard. It doesn't take long to make, either. I served it over spinach, grated carrots, egg, and crumbled bacon. This dressing stands alone in flavor(so creamy and tangy) and gives the illusion that it has bacon drippings in it. Thanks Littleturtle, for posting.