Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ever had cooked radishes? You should try them. They are totally different cooked. Milder taste and turn a really pretty light pinkish/purple color.
- 453.59 g red radish, trimmed
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped parsley
- 2.46 ml dill (optional)
- 1.23 ml salt
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil with the 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan.
- Add prepared radishes, cover and simmer till radishes pierce easily with a toothpick (10 minutes). Drain water.
- Add margarine and brown sugar and toss to form a glaze. Add parsley and/or dill and serve.
- The violet color glistens in the butter glaze and the taste is exceptional.
- Serves 4-6 as a side dish.
What a great recipe to use up my farm share radishes! Cooking them took some of the sharpness/spiciness out of the radishes and the sauce gave it a little something. It seemed to make a lot of sauce (a lot pooled at the bottom and was never eaten) but what did coat the radishes was wonderful. Thanks for sharing! There are so few cooked radish recipes out there!