Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a good cooked dressing that pairs up together with mayo.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
This is a great, no fuss version of an old standard. It has just the right amount of sweetness, just the right amount of vinegar...very nice. The recipe was more than enough to cover a lb. of pasta and mixed veggies (broccoli, peas, vidalias, zukes, and carrots). I am going to enjoy my packed lunches this week! Thanks. :)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard or 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup mayonnaise (NOT SALAD DRESSING)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan mix all ingredients together.
- Bring to a light boil, whisking constantly until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat, cool slightly then whisk in mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cool completely before adding to you potato or pasta salad.