Recipe by ColCadsMom
One of my all time favorite desserts is a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. My Mom clipped this recipe out of her local newspaper for me to try. I haven't made it yet, but I hope to soon. As written it should frost a 2 layer cake.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, milk and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place the pan in a larger pan of cold water.
- Add the margarine, peanut butter, and vanilla flavoring.
- Beat until mixture thickens to a spreading consistency.