One of my all time favorite desserts is a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. My Mom clipped this recipe out of her local newspaper for me to try. I haven't made it yet, but I hope to soon. As written it should frost a 2 layer cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sugar, milk and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and place the pan in a larger pan of cold water.
- 4Add the margarine, peanut butter, and vanilla flavoring.
- 5Beat until mixture thickens to a spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooked Peanut Butter Icing (Frosting)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 91.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g