Chef burnt toast's Note:
This is an old family recipe. We live on the east coast of Canada and this mayonnaise is used in dishes such as lobster salad sandwiches, lobster rolls, potato salad, egg salads and anything else that you would use mayonnaise or salad dressing in. I like it because it is cooked and keeps for quite a while when refrigerated. My grandmothers used to make it for Lobster Suppers that their church used to host.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a microwave safe bowl beat the 2 eggs.
- 2Beat in the flour and dry mustard.
- 3Stir in the milk, sugar and salt. I use skim milk as I watch fat, but you can use whole milk which makes it a bit richer.
- 4In a measuring cup mix together the vinegar and hot water, and add while stirring to the milk mixture in the microwave safe bowl.
- 5To stir this mixture I usually use a wire whisk.
- 6Microwave at full power for 9 minutes, stirring half way through the cooking time.
- 7After the cooking time, add the butter if desired.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooked Mayonnaise (Salad Dressing)
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 129.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g