Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for a request, I haven't tried this. Recipe is from 'The German Cookbook' by Mimi Sheraton
Make and share this Cooked Knob Celery Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 whole celery root (celeriac)
- boiling salt water
Cooked vegetable marinade
- 4 -6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- borage or chives or chervil or dill or tarragon or parsley, to taste
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil or 3 -4 tablespoons salad oil
- Wash, peel and cook the celeriac in the boiling salted water until just tender; slice and cover with the cooked vegetable marinade; marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Cooked vegetable marinade: Combine all ingredients except oil and shake well in a bottle or mix in a bowl.
What a find. It's the first time I've tried my hand at celeriac and this dish turned out great. I had 1 1/4 lb. peeled celery root and cooked it 10-12 min. Sliced it up and covered it with marinade about 4 or 5 hours before we ate. The marinade is so tasty. I added about 3 tbsp minced onions and used the borage (lovage), dill, tarragon, parsley. I served this with baked chicken breasts and my diabetic baked beans (posted). The wonderful taste of this salad will lend itself to many other meals, or a potluck buffet, and I'm going to try the leftover marinade with thin sliced cucumber...expecting it'll be good! Thanks, chef Jude!