Recipe by Bergy
This salad is a bit unique. You may prepare it hours before serving. The watercress gives a lovely bite to the salad
- 1 medium cucumber, peel on,halved lengthwise,thinly sliced .
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil, crumbled
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and moisture removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the prepared cucumber with water in a saucepan, add salt, bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes, drain.
- Place drained cuke on paper towels to dry completely.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium low heat and saute the onion& garlic until softened (apprx 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in the tomato, vinegar, thyme& basil Season with salt& Pepper.
- Stir in the cuke Chill in the fridge To serve line plates with watercress and mound on the cuke/tomato mixture.