Recipe by Chef Dudo
Saw this on the net a while ago and have made it many times. At first I only used it as a dressing and last week I discovered that it is also very nice as a basting sauce for chicken. The recipe doubles easily and stores well in the fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup wine vinegar (red or white or a mix)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the mustard in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium.
- Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat if it cooks "too bubbly".
- Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- When completely chilled, whisk in mustard.