Prep 2 mins
Cook 45 mins
When you need cooked chicken for any recipe, or to put in a curry, this is an easy way to cook it. The spices give the chicken a wonderful flavor that won't "fight" with the other ingredients.
- Put water, ghee, and spices in a deep pan.
- Place chicken in water.
- Water should just cover chicken.
- Add more water to keep that level.
- Keep pan covered.
- Simmer gently for 35 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Cut in strips or cubes. Use in any recipe that calls for cooked chicken such as curries and cold salads.
This is a great, handy recipe to have. I know it's kind of silly, but I never knew how to prep chicken for the freezer like this, and I always wanted to. Now I always have chicken ready! I freeze it flat-packed in ziplock bags, and pull it out when I start making dinner. By the time I'm ready for it, it's thawed enough to toss in. Thanks for a keeper, Kathy228!
I love this recipe. I'm sorry I haven't rated it sooner. It's my go-to recipe whenever I have a recipe that calls for cooked chicken and I don't have any on hand. It's really good for Cobb salad also. Thanks so much for posting it Kathy228