Recipe by PanNan
This is a Moroccan recipe published in The Africa Cookbook - Tastes of a Continent by Jessica B. Harris.
Top Review by PistonsFan
I have to update my rating on this one - I can't believe I only gave 3 stars the first time around. This time I made sure to use fresh flat leaf parsley and I had a fresh bottle of red wine vinegar - maybe that made the difference. I also measured the cumin a little bit on the scant side since the first time I felt it was a bit overpowering. Anyway - I will definitely be making this again - I think I need to double it so there are some leftovers next time.
- 8 carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced (flat leafed variety)
- pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, scrape and slice carrots into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Bring water to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Add carrots and garlic, cover, and cook about 15 minutes, or until tender (but still firm).
- Drain carrots and place in serving bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the carrots. Toss, then cover with plastic wrap and set aside for about 30 minutes before serving at room temperature.