Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A cooked Caesar dressing for those who don't like the idea of using raw eggs. Cook time includes chill time
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except for cheese in the work bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Process or blend until smooth Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and cook over very low heat until thickened--about 10 minutes.
- Do not boil.
- Transfer to a bowl--Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Toss chilled dressing and cheese with salad.
I am rating this five stars for the technique. This is a great way to get a thick Caesar dressing without worrying about getting someone sick from raw eggs. However, I did add about a tsp of dijon mustard and a bit of red wine vinegar to punch up the flavor a bit. Might also add a little garlic next time. (What can I say--I love really, really, REALLY pungent Caesar dressing!) But I will use this technique from now on--it's priceless!! Thanks, Richie!