Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
No cabbage smell, I swear. This isn't sauerkraut. People in my family who won't walk in the same room because they heard you were cooking cabbage, will sit down and eat with other foods.
- Shred cabbage like for slaw.
- Soak in cold water until all is shredded.
- Take 1 1/2 quart pot, heat up bacon drippings.
- Add cabbage, shaking off excess water.
- Pot will be full.
- Salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cover with lid.
- Stir a couple of times.
- Cook 5-10 minutes.
Easy and filling when watching calories!! I just added a little onion and minced garlic to my drippings before adding cabbage. Excellent!!
A childhood recipe I remember my great aunt used to make. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Its one of my favorites as I was growning up. Love the bacon flavor. Also its a very easy recipe to prepare with having good old country cooking such as Fried chicken and homemade buttermilk biscuits. Thanks again!