Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This salad is so simple and delicious. This is always a hit on BBQ parties and a great way to 'smuggle' iron rich broccoli into your diet. Make sure that your broccoli is not overcooked or your salad wil turn into a paste. Serve with crusty bread. cooking time includes chilling time
- 2 cups cooked broccoli (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 hard-boiled egg (chopped)
- 1 large red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- in a large bowl mix the salt, pepper, garlic, sour cream and mayonnaise then add the remaining ingredients , stir well and refrigerate for at least 1h before serving.
This was a nice new way to eat broccoli. I enjoyed the egg and corn in this salad. I think when I made it again, I'll add some sunflower seeds for some crunch, but I will be making it again! Made for Spring 2009 PAC.