Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon or 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Heat stock and butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute bell peppers and mushrooms 7 to 8 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in tarragon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook another minute.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
This is fabulous! I substituted white wine for the chicken stock, and garnished with a little fresh parsley. Also, I didn't cut my peppers into squares, just sliced them into strips. Yum, is this ever delicious. I used extra large fresh mushrooms (from BJs) and they make it hearty enough to be a main course! The sprinkling of Parmesan cheese as a finishing touch is perfect. We will gladly be making this winner again!