Recipe by McGelby
Another from the Cook Yourself Thin girls on Lifetime TV. Enjoy! The chicken makes it more filling, but the dressing is what stands out for me.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
The real star of this recipe is the dressing. Wow, is it ever good!! I love that it is a healthier version of the typical Caesar dressing. Of course, the salad was very good too! I liked the extra goodies of the homemade garlic bread, hard boiled egg and sunflower seeds. Yummy. Made for the Spring Pick A Chef event in the Contests/Events forum.
For the salad
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices baguette, on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 medium garlic clove
- 2 heads baby romaine lettuce
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup arugula
- 1⁄2 cup mustard, cress
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil about 4 cups of water.
- Brush the chicken with a little olive oil.
- On a hot grill pan, sear the chicken breast for 4 to 5 minutes before flipping over and doing the same on the other side.
- Slice the baguette on the diagonal and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush on a little olive oil.
- Toast the bread for about 10 minutes, until crisp.
- Rub with the garlic clove.
- Once you have strong grill marks over the chicken breast on both sides, cover your pan with foil and place into the hot oven on the higher shelf for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the lettuce and spin dry.
- Carefully drop the egg in boiling water and boil for 5 minutes exactly. Empty the boiling water out of the pan and replace it with cold water.
- Let the egg stand in the cold water while you finish the recipe.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir together with a whisk.
- Taste and season before setting aside.
- Put the washed and dried salad leaves into a big bowl with the dressing.
- Toss for a couple of minutes to make sure that all the leaves are coated.
- Add the shaved/grated Parmesan and arugula.
- Toss once again.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool down enough to handle before slicing on the diagonal.
- Plate up the salad, making sure that the chicken is evenly distributed.
- Tuck the crispy baguette toasts on the side of the salad and add half the soft-boiled egg.
- Finally, grind over some black pepper, scatter the sunflower seeds, and serve.