1/1 Photo of Cook Yourself Thin's Chicken Caesar Salad
Another from the Cook Yourself Thin girls on Lifetime TV. Enjoy! The chicken makes it more filling, but the dressing is what stands out for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the salad
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices baguette, on the diagonal
- 1/2 medium garlic clove
- 2 heads baby romaine lettuce
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup mustard, cress
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
For the dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Boil about 4 cups of water.
- 3Brush the chicken with a little olive oil.
- 4On a hot grill pan, sear the chicken breast for 4 to 5 minutes before flipping over and doing the same on the other side.
- 5Slice the baguette on the diagonal and place on a baking sheet.
- 6Brush on a little olive oil.
- 7Toast the bread for about 10 minutes, until crisp.
- 8Rub with the garlic clove.
- 9Once you have strong grill marks over the chicken breast on both sides, cover your pan with foil and place into the hot oven on the higher shelf for 15 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, wash the lettuce and spin dry.
- 11Carefully drop the egg in boiling water and boil for 5 minutes exactly. Empty the boiling water out of the pan and replace it with cold water.
- 12Let the egg stand in the cold water while you finish the recipe.
- 13To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir together with a whisk.
- 14Taste and season before setting aside.
- 15Put the washed and dried salad leaves into a big bowl with the dressing.
- 16Toss for a couple of minutes to make sure that all the leaves are coated.
- 17Add the shaved/grated Parmesan and arugula.
- 18Toss once again.
- 19Remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool down enough to handle before slicing on the diagonal.
- 20Plate up the salad, making sure that the chicken is evenly distributed.
- 21Tuck the crispy baguette toasts on the side of the salad and add half the soft-boiled egg.
- 22Finally, grind over some black pepper, scatter the sunflower seeds, and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cook Yourself Thin's Chicken Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1012 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 983.6
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 169.9 mg
- Sodium 1628.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 55.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: