Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this one from the McCormick website, it's a very easy and delicious recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 -3 small hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon McCormick hot Mexican style chili powder
- 2 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, brown ground beef until well done.
- Place in a 3 1/2 or 4-quart crockery slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Heat on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.
My husband found this recipe on McCormick's website years ago. It's the only kind of chili we make now; it's so delicious and easy to make. We also leave out the bay leaves and use three serrano peppers for the hot peppers. They give it just the right bite without being too hot.
This was really good!!! I made this yesterday for my husband and myself (my toddler isn't a chili fan- she dislikes beans!). I did scale it down by a little.. since it was just 2 of us (and I already have a lot of chili in my freezer).. I used 1 pound of beef, 1 green pepper and 1 can on tomato paste rather than 2. I also left out the bay leaves as I'm not a fan of then. Otherwise, left as is! I think next time I WILL use 2 jalapenos instead of 1, to give it a bit more "kick". I liked the hot mexican chili powder (I had to buy it just for this recipe, didn't have any on hand). Really easy to have it going all day (smelled so good) and just eat when ready! Thanks for the great chili recipe!