5 hrs 20 mins
Secret Agent's Note:
This is easy! If you don't have a convection option just roast it conventionally and it will be yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Kosher the chicken in very cold water with 1/2 cup kosher salt for at least two hours to 6 hours.
- 2Dry chicken very well inside and out and stuff with onion, carrot, celery, thyme and lemon.
- 3Separate skin from chicken breast, legs and thighs and push butter under and smoosh it down so it spreads a little.
- 4Mix salt, pepper, paprika, white pepper together and rub on outside of chicken.
- 5Put chicken into a zip baggie and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Next day, dry chicken again and sprinkle skin with corn startch. Set on a rack in a shallow pan breast side down (I use a cast iron skillet). Pour two cups of stock into the pan and roast at 275 conventional or 250 convection for 4 to 5 hours until the thigh meat registers at least 160.
- 7Flip bird breast side up for the last 30 - 45 minutes.
- 8A four pound bird will take about 4 hours and a five pounder will take about 5 hours. Do not judge by the time, judge by the thigh temperature.
- 9Serve with potatoes, rice or egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Convection Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.8
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.3 mg
- Sodium 483.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: