1/2 Photos of Convection Oven Roast Chicken (For Toaster Oven)
1 hr 20 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I replaced my regular toaster oven with a convection toaster oven a few years ago and I have to say it was the best thing I could have done. I have used this toaster oven extensively as it does help keep the kitchen cooler then using the big oven. I didn't have any lemons so used limes instead. I used a 5 pound chicken but a 3 1/2-4 pound chicken can also work here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 lb) roasting chickens
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- fresh herb (rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram, etc.,1/4-inch sprig)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered (about 2 ounces)
- 4 slices lemon zest (1/2-x-3-inches each)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1Place the toaster oven rack to the lowest position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F on the convection setting.
- 2Remove giblets and neck from cavity of chicken, reserve for another use or discard. Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
- 3Place a baking rack into the broiling pan (that is lined with foil) add 1/4 cup water to the pan and lightly spray the baking rack with cooking spray.
- 4Tuck the wings under and place the chicken on the baking rack pan. Clean work surface and hands with soap and hot water before continuing.
- 5Combine the salt and pepper. Rub half the mixture in the cavity of the chicken; then place the herb sprig(s), garlic halves, onion quarters and lemon zest in the cavity of the chicken.
- 6Loosely tie the legs together. Rub the chicken with the olive oil and remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- 7Place the chicken in the oven and roast at 400°F for 20 minutes, then lower the temperature to 375°F and continue to roast for an additional 12 minutes per pound longer.
- 8Considering my chicken was 5 lbs. I will roast it for 60 minutes. You will have to calculate the time according to your chicken's weight by multiplying 12 minutes times the size per pound of your chicken.
- 9The Internal temperature of the chicken should be 170°F when tested in the breast, and 180°F when tested in the dark meat.
- 10Juices should run clear.
- 11Turn off oven and remove the chicken to a platter. Let stand 10 - 15 minutes before carving (may cover loosely with foil if desired, but skin will lose its crispness).
- 12Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Convection Oven Roast Chicken (For Toaster Oven)
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.5
- Calories from Fat 553
- Total Fat 61.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 267.3 mg
- Sodium 577.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 63.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: