Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fish in casserole ... this is a new concept for me but it sounds tasty! From Extending the Table. Submitted for ZWT3.
- Bake fish for 30 minutes at 350F or steam it in a vegetable steamer until it flakes easily. Set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons margarine in a medium saucepan.
- Add salt, cayenne and flour. Stir to make a roux.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Set aside.
- In a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole layer as follows:.
- 1/2 of rice.
- Cooked fish, flaked.
- Diced green pepper.
- Diced tomato.
- Remaining rice.
- Pour white sauce over top and dot with 1 tablespoon margarine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.