- 3 cups fresh green peas, shelled
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute' the peas, green onion, parsley in 2 T. butter for 2 minutes.
- Season with the sugar & pepper & stir lightly.
- Reduce heat to low; cover & simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the lettuce & simmer, covered, for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the chives & remaining 2 T. butter; cover until butter has melted.
- Toss lightly before serving.