Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick-sauce, tastes similar to Hollandaise, but is much easier to make. Found in a Hellman add in the November '78 issue of Bon Appetit, I have been using it ever since.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellman's)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix all ingredients until smooth in small saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium-low heat until thickened.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Serve over vegetables, seafood, or poached eggs.
- This quick-sauce, tastes similar to Hollandaise, but is much easier to make.
Wow, this is delicious. I added this to a wide noodle pasta w/brocolli. Then spooned over oven fried catfish. Wonderful, family raved. Because one family member doesn't like fish, also fixed shrimp w/ "Tequila Cocktail Sauce". This will become a "favorite meal". Thanks Toby.
Toby, this really does deserve 5+ stars. I got the recipe from the same magazine and have made it often through the years. It is good on steamed vegetables, poached eggs,etc. It is easy, uses ingredients usually on hand, and tastes great. 5 stars all the way. Thanks for posting!