Serve these as a main dish, or make them much smaller and voila! - yummy hors d'oeuvres!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Maryland crab seasoning
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 fluid ounces clam juice or 2 fluid ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pinch flour
- 1Sauté celery and onion in 2 ounces of the butter, until tender; remove and cool.
- 2When cool, mix with the crabmeat, breadcrumbs, cheddar, crab seasoning, and mayonnaise.
- 3Form 4 crab cakes and flour them.
- 4Beat the eggs to make an egg wash.
- 5Dip the floured crab cakes in the egg wash and sauté in a non-stick pan with the remaining 2 ounces of butter.
- 6Cook slowly, and be careful that the butter does not burn.
- 7When golden brown, place on a hot plate to keep warm.
- 8Keep remaining butter in the saucepan to make sauce.
- 9Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice and chicken stock.
- 10Pour over top of the crab cakes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Continental Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.6
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 216.5 mg
- Sodium 1398.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Maryland crab seasoning