- 2 1⁄4 ounces dried beef, cut up
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices lean bacon (I used black peppered bacon with excellent results)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- hot cooked pasta, reserving some of the pasta water (I used Penne)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place dried beef in bottom of slow cooker. Wrap each piece of chicken with one bacon strip and place on top of dried beef.
- Combine soup, flour and sour cream in medium bowl until smooth. Pour over chicken and sprinkle with mushroom pieces and red onion.
- Cover, cook on LOW 7-9 hours or on HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Serve over pasta and top off with a couple of teaspoons of pasta water.