Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from "Family Circle" magazine, March 2006.
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons marsala wine
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 6 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 24 french-style ladyfinger cookies
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and Marsala until smooth and fluffy. In separate mixing bowl, whip heavy cream, vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently combine cream cheese and whipped cream mixtures; set aside.
- Stir together coffee, brandy, and coffee liqueur in a shallow bowl. (This will be used to soak ladyfingers.).
- In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture into the dish. Top with half of the SOAKED ladyfingers. Repeat layering once more, then top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Grate chocolate on top. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.